bottlegangheader

2.04.2007

Cocktail I made last night: The Mint-y-Cocoa

GET IT? It sounds like Minnesota. I looked this beverage up on Webtender, and they call it a Chocolate-Mint Martini, but I'd like to expand on their recipe a bit, because of two things: 1.) I don't believe in Martinis made with vodka-- sorry, James Bond, but use gin and 2.) you can't just say "vodka" and get away with that. People are going to be making it with Phillips vodka and getting ill. So here's what I recommend:

2 shots of Reyka vodka
1 shot of Creme de Cacao
1 shot of white Creme de Menthe

Combine in a shaker with ice, mix, pour into a cocktail glass, and garnish that mutha with a maraschino cherry. Or maybe some fresh mint. That'd be hot.

It's pretty flippin' sweet, so you have to be in the mood for it. I definitely don't recommend it with dinner or anything, but maybe if you're watching, say, the second season of Veronica Mars on DVD or maybe those couple episodes of Arrested Development with Julia Louis-Dreyfus as blind lawyer Maggie Lizer, it's pretty perfect. (McPHERSON)

No comments: